It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Want the pasted in links to bring up the rich client

Dave Marshall (652) | asked Oct 22 '09, 9:40 a.m.
I want pasted in links in a note I receive to bring up the rich client not the web client.
How can this be done?
I really don't like the web client. I have the rich client open most of the time amd I want the links to open up in the rich client.

4 answers

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Oct 23 '09, 11:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It would be great if there was a preference we could set to control which interface we wanted to receive correspondence on.

RTC now exports an HTTP rest interface, so it could be asked to display things by linking on a special port. Authentication would pose an interesting problem, but it would be doable.

permanent link
Work Item & UI Commons Team (1.3k1) | answered Oct 23 '09, 11:52 a.m.
We have experimented in this direction (click a link - open rtc eclipse client) and did not come to a solution good enough to integrate into the product. I don't think we can support this in the near future, sorry.

permanent link
Dave Marshall (652) | answered Oct 27 '09, 7:55 p.m.
I have to admit, that this is pretty disappointing to not have the rich client come up via a link. Is there some code or guidance that you provide to others to allow this app to launch instead of the web browser? A preference would have been an excellent way to make this happen.

I find the web client to be too slow for me and takes up far too much font space since I can't easily move columns and condense my space for better viewing.

permanent link
Work Item & UI Commons Team (1.3k1) | answered Oct 28 '09, 6:37 a.m.
davemars wrote:
I have to admit, that this is pretty disappointing to not have the
rich client come up via a link. Is there some code or guidance that
you provide to others to allow this app to launch instead of the web
browser? A preference would have been an excellent way to make this
happen.

I find the web client to be too slow for me and takes up far too much
font space since I can't easily move columns and condense my space
for better viewing.

You can install our prototype for this in Firefox. See:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/OpenJazzLinksInRTC

Regards,
Ben

PS: But dont expect much support for it :)

--
Benjamin Pasero
Work Item & UI Commons Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.