It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you do a query in RPE for RTC data?

Michael Laurendi (1051044) | asked Dec 13 '18, 2:32 p.m.
RTC 6.0.5 iFix005
no Global Config

How do I get RPE to generate a document from querying RTC workitems?

I have been able to configure my template and .dsx for a single specific Work Item id and generate a report.
But is there a way for RPE to query RTC so that my report contains data from several work items?

2 answers

permanent link
Michael Laurendi (1051044) | answered Dec 18 '18, 9:26 a.m.

Thank you for that information. I was able to configure a query in the WorkItem Data Source in my Document Spec .dsx file to query specific fields by entering a URL to the data source similar to the following: https://<URL domain>/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/workItem[id=12345 or id=67890]/(id|summary|description)

But I now have another question: the fields I got to work are out-of-the-box (or built-in system) fields. Is it possible to query fields that are custom attributes? If so, how? We have a custom field in our Software Load Plan called "Version", and I need that field included in the RPE Word document output.

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Dec 18 '18, 12:29 p.m.
Yes. You can have the custom attribute as well. You can use the query workitem/workItem/allExtensions and use a filter or condition (displayName == Version)to print the value of "Version".
More info below:

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Dec 13 '18, 11:21 p.m.

If you are using RTC Workitems schema, you cannot report directly on the Query. Instead, apply the same conditions used in the query in RPE template as well so that the document generated will be same as what you get from RTC query.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.