It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I disable the Plan Web UI for certain users?

Anirudha Punekar (429) | asked Dec 07 '18, 12:33 a.m.
Hello All,

I am  using RTC 6.0.5, I want to disable the Plan Drop Down Option in RTC Web UI for certain users. I found an option in this answer https://jazz.net/forum/questions/99849/how-do-i-disable-source-control-web-ui, but this disables the Plan option for all. I want the Plan option disabled only for Developers but the PM should be able to view the same. Is there any parameter that can be given in Advanced Properties -> com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.webuiInitializer.ConfigPropertyInitializer -> Suppressed Web Pages, so that only certain users are unable to see Plan option.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 07 '18, 2:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as i can tell, you can not do what you want. 

Comments
Anirudha Punekar commented Dec 07 '18, 4:28 a.m.

Thanks Ralph for the reply.

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Dec 10 '18, 7:11 a.m.

Hi,

Not sure if it will help you: 

How I work with teams is provide a Dashboard for those that "just need to view" a plan and may have a specific setup;  so you create a view and then add in a plan widget onto the dashboard - View only.

Then the people who need to view/edit can be directed to the "editable" version of a Plan.

Prevent users looking in the Plan dropdown - provide a nice dashboard to help user/team members.

Good luck

Regards

Matt

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.