It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

About parallel sprint in trial version

Mamta Sharma (116) | asked Nov 28 '18, 1:37 a.m.
edited Nov 28 '18, 2:41 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

I have created life cycle project with process scrum, and created product backlog with stories and sprint 1,2,3,4 also and move some stories to sprint 1 and after that i want to create parallel sprint with same time frame of sprint1 could not able to create..

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 28 '18, 2:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 28 '18, 2:43 a.m.

No, iterations in one timeline can not be parallel and sprints 1,2,3,4,... are not meant to be parallel in Scrum anyway.

If you want several teams that work in parallel on the same sprint, you need to create several teams and assign them to the same timeline or different timelines, if the iteration rhythms are different.

Comments
Mamta Sharma commented Dec 13 '18, 1:12 a.m. | edited Dec 13 '18, 1:14 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

We have a scenario where multiple team will be working on different modules in a sprint.
Now i want to make separate sprint for each modules within my release which runs in parallel. I tried the same,but it is actually not happening in my life-cycle project. Please refer to the screenshot attached.
Also suggest how to go about with the implementation of agile in my scenario.

Mamta Sharma commented Dec 13 '18, 1:19 a.m.

Not able to attache the image file. Explaining the scenario here only.
I have tried these two options:-
1) Created two releases for project timeline with same time and under them created separate sprints in both the releases with same time assign to them. in this scenario also I am not able to run the  sprints in parallel with each other.

2) Created separate sprints in a release with same time. Again in this scenario I am not able to run my sprints in parallel.

However the team area which are created inside the project are assigned with the main development project timeline. teams are not able to assign to particular sprints.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 13 '18, 2:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Each team can have its own timeline. That is the only solution.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.