It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the history of changes to the process of a project area or a team area by java program?

cai heng (135) | asked Nov 22 '18, 11:05 a.m.
edited Nov 22 '18, 7:31 p.m.
Mates:

I want to write a Java  program to read out  the history of changes to the process of a project area or a team area. Could anyone suggest how to do it?

i.e. the page content of  "Manger This Project Area" -->"History" 

Comments
cai heng commented Nov 24 '18, 11:48 a.m.
  Hi Ralph,thanks for you kind reply.  You mentioned below ,could you please explain it further ? I don't know what is the meaning of "Eclipse view" and how to look at the history view code in the RTC SDK.
Thanks in advance.
     "BTW, the history view is an Eclipse view that you should be able to look at the code in the RTC SDK."

cai heng commented Nov 24 '18, 12:26 p.m.
    Hi Ralph,another question, to use related  API,which jar libraries do I need to download?
   I have already imported all jars in Plain Java Client Libraries from the link below.
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.1?p=allDownloads

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 23 '18, 10:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In RTC all items that have a history are IAuditables. Such items have up to 2 contributing predecessor states. You can use the API to fetch all the states. Each of the state object should be one state of the history.

I know this has been done with the history you are talking about. I have no example code and not time to create one.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 23 '18, 10:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

BTW, the history view is an Eclipse view that you should be able to look at the code in the RTC SDK. 

permanent link
rose sophos (11) | answered Nov 23 '18, 4:13 p.m.

thank you for this article

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.