It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

generate direct link to sub-module based on metadata and ID

Bogdan Titu (111) | asked Nov 21 '18, 10:36 a.m.
Hi,

I have a module with sub-modules, artifacts. A baseline is defined and I select that baseline then export based on a view everything to an excel file (that have metadata included)
I need to generate links (http://doorsNG.xxx.xxx/dfsfsdfsa) that will point me directly to my sub-modules exported

Using OSLC I am able to retrive baseline name by baseline ID from metadata exported
Is there a way to generate a valid link to my sub-modules exported, having all the info above?

Thank you for the help,
Bogdan 

2 answers

permanent link
Bogdan Titu (111) | answered Nov 28 '18, 6:02 a.m.
There is no option to export directly the URL from Doors.
I can select all artifacts and then on a right click - select generate report but it is tricky
On the other side, I can use report builder and the URL will be there but in report builder i am loosing Baseline ID so I am not able to export Baseline name or baseline ID

This being establish, anyone knows a way to export the baseline ID or name using Report Builder?
I am selecting the baseline that I want prior running the report and it is available there, but it is not exported in a separate column

Thanks
Bogdan

permanent link
Javier Davalos (9115) | answered Nov 23 '18, 4:54 p.m.
Hi Bogdan,
in RM the CSV/XLS/XLSX export is a client side (end point) functionality which generates the file to download based on the data it consumed, because of that it does not generate a tracking reference for their exported artifacts, there's no link generation for the exports.

Regards,
Javier.

Comments
Bogdan Titu commented Nov 26 '18, 6:59 a.m.
Thank you for the answer. I noticed there is no option to export in excel but I am looking for a mechanism to construct the link after the export. I got all metadata, i got module ID and all sub-modules, artifacts IDs
I can use OSLC to query Doors NG. Need to be able to, some-how, process the info from excel and generate links to sub-modules exported there

Do you know a way?
Thank you

Bogdan 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.