It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE RQM report using DNG Rest API does not work when deployed to RQM Report Resources

Celia Bengel (1113) | asked Nov 16 '18, 12:53 p.m.

I have a RPE report (2.1.1) using  RQM (6.0.6) report which is accessing DNG for additional requirement information. 

I'm changing the RM href url into a Rest API in javascript using: href.replace("/resources/","/publish/resources?resourceURI=");

The report runs successfully on my desktop. When I load it up into the RQM Reporting Resources, the report aborts the first time a RM Rest API is executed.    

Both projects have Configuration Manager (not GCM) enabled and the QM project has the RM project Associated as a resource.

The error message is:

Data source _DNGRequirements using URL https://jazz.irt.xxxxxxx/rm/publish/resources?resourceURI=CA_fxxxxxx

Error in engine Can not redirect to the OAuthentication identify URL. Reponse message: OK: <&'" <&'"

Comments
Celia Bengel commented Nov 16 '18, 12:56 p.m.

Also..I did use OAuth for the .dsx

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Nov 17 '18, 4:31 a.m.
This is a limitation with RRDG reporting if you are retrieving data from more than one point product (RQM and DNG in your case).

There is a Request For Enhancement created already - The way that RRDG handles dynamic data sources in a template must be improved for a better end user experience. The workaround of using additional configuration / using a dummy data source in the template (.dta file) will not work for all scenarios.

Comments
Celia Bengel commented Nov 19 '18, 9:25 a.m.

It would be helpful if the RQM QM data for testcase/requirements included an attribute for the name (title).   The Summary has the ID and a summary version of the primary text from DNG.  The critical piece missing for me is the name.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.