It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to restrict widget "My Work item Changes" to a show work items from a specific project area

Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | asked Nov 15 '18, 6:15 a.m.
edited Nov 15 '18, 7:36 a.m.

I am using JTS version - 6.0.5 and CCM Version - 6.0.5. I have added widget "My Work item Changes" to my Dashboard where it shows all the Work items owned by me and that have been changed or modified across all the project areas . Now I want only the work items to current project area or specific project area to be displayed. To do this I have edited the URL in the setting for the widget but its not working. 

1. The default URL : ${server-URL}/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IFeedService?itemType=WorkItem&user=${current_user}
2. Added project ID to URL : ${server-URL}/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IFeedService?itemType=WorkItem&user=${current_user}&projectId=${_pWXp0LtEEeiINeOFhiApLw}

3.  Another way I could find is to export the Widget and edit the below line with the project area link.
   <textarea id="jazz-viewlet_1542283176770_frontside-url" style="display:none;">https://xyz:9443/ccm</textarea>

But now how do I import or deploy this XML file.

Please guide me to form the correct URL for specific project area or let me know any other way to do this.

Thank you in Advance.
Deepali Nigade

One answer

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713550) | answered Nov 29 '18, 1:27 a.m.
edited Nov 29 '18, 1:30 a.m.

You just need the project area alias. For example, I could narrow down to the project area by changing the URL to this:

${server-URL}/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IFeedService?itemType=WorkItem&project_area_id=_0tf_EOfDEeiKC8eCMpF3eQ&user=${current_user}

You can find the project area alias by looking in Feeds in Eclipse client in Team Dashboard or by running a URL like the below for the application you are interested in. 

This is for CCM:
https://[server]:[port]/ccm/process/project-areas

Comments
Deepali Deshmukh commented Jan 03 '19, 2:28 a.m. | edited Jan 03 '19, 2:31 a.m.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for reply.

I have followed the above post but its not working. Its unable to read the project area id from the URL.

Thank you,
Deepali Nigade 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.