It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Extending RTC client SDK : disable "Assocate work items..." menu option

Gidi Gal (962056) | asked Nov 11 '18, 6:38 a.m.
edited Nov 11 '18, 10:54 a.m.
We defined for our customers a new  application under the jazz team server. They should not create work-items in this application, they should only manage their files there. However, while working in RTC client, when they right-click on a change-set in the pending changes view, they see the menu option "Associate Work items..." under "Related Artifacts".

Is it possible to add client extension that will disable this menu option under certain condition ?
In other words, does RTC client SDK supply extension point which allows disabling this menu option ?

As far as I understand, this menu option is located in the plugin com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.ui.workitems and is handled by AssociateWorkItemToChangeSetAction.

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Nov 12 '18, 9:42 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no way using "RTC" APIs or extension points to disable this context menu action. The only way would be to use Eclipse extensions as shown in Ralph's link (https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/03/24/hiding-ui-contributions-in-the-rtc-eclipse-client/) (Note: This is a mechanism in Eclipse itself, and has nothing to do with RTC).

You can change the operation behavior of each project area such that no role can create a work item (preventing anyone from doing so), and also write a custom advisor which triggers on the creation of a 'change set to work item' link' which prevents them from doing so.
Gidi Gal selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Gidi Gal commented Nov 13 '18, 3:09 a.m.

Many thanks David for your answer, I'll discuss these options with my colleagues.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 11 '18, 9:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I know Eclipse is not really made to do this. It is designed to be extended. As a plugin, I think you don't have ways to suppress other plugins you cn only be selective, if you provide your own extension point.

Comments
Gidi Gal commented Nov 11 '18, 10:56 a.m.

Many thanks Ralph, I updated my question, I am hoping for an extension point in RTC client SDK to disable this menu option. I'll wait for reply from dev team to see if such extension point exists. If not, I'll look into the link you sent.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.