It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using Excel Importer to upload and link a test case in RQM to a requirement inside a specific DNG requirement collection

Miles Thompson (1824) | asked Nov 08 '18, 3:25 p.m.
Everything below is in CLM 6.0.6 (DNG, GCM, RQM, RTC)

Here's a working scenario:

• Test Plan TP1 has a Requirement Collection link to module RC1 in DNG that is a technical specification
  • Test Case TC1 has been added to TP1.
  • TC1 is manually linked (through the web interface) to Requirement R1 in RC1
  • TP1 Requirement Collection View as Coverage shows that R1 is covered by TC1
Now, a broken one:
  • Test Plan TP1 has a Requirement Collection link to module RC1 in DNG that is a technical specification
  • Test Case TC1 has been added to TP1 through the RQM Excel Importer (linked correctly to TP1 and R1)
  • TP1 Requirement Collection View as Coverage shows that R1 is not covered
I suspect that when linking through the Excel Importer, R1 is being linked by the test case but not with respect to module RC1. Is there anyway to add this in the importer?

Consequently, after having done both of the above, I'm left with two Validated by links for R1 in DNG's view. One link is "In all Modules" and another is "In this module only". When the Validated by link for a requirement is "In all modules" it doesn't count toward Test Plan coverage, apparently. If I can't add the module during Excel Importer, is there a way to make the Validated by link for a requirement that is "In all modules" cover a Test Plan that references a specific module?

Thanks in advance.

Comments
Miles Thompson commented Nov 08 '18, 3:26 p.m.

By "anyway to add this in the importer?" I'm specifically asking if there is a configuration file command that says link to this existing requirement in this existing requirement collection. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Monika Rajput (25612) | answered Nov 12 '18, 8:10 a.m.
Hi Miles,
Please download the latest version of Word/Excel tool (i.e. version 6061) RQMExcelWordImporter-6.0.6.1M1 and try the same scenario with that. This was fixed in 6061 M1.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Miles Thompson commented Nov 12 '18, 8:19 a.m.

I'll give it a try tomorrow to confirm answer. My IT staff has the day off and they need to approve the new importer. 

Thanks!

Miles Thompson commented Nov 13 '18, 11:38 a.m.

Hi Monika,

I got a chance to try it out and I'm still getting the same issues. My version of the importer is 6.0.6.16274. There is never an option to choose the module within a DNG component to link, only the DNG component. Am I supposed to reference the module with the LinkExisting(id) command?

Thanks,
- Miles

Monika Rajput commented Nov 13 '18, 12:17 p.m.
Hi Miles,
Yes, I am referring the LinkExisting(id) command. This will allow you to link to a requirement within a module.
Choosing a module requirement through word/excel tool UI is not yet supported.

Thanks,
Monika

Miles Thompson commented Nov 13 '18, 1:16 p.m.

Monika,

Thanks for your updated comment. Unfortunately, choosing the module and requirement pair for linking is what I need since I do not get Test Plan Coverage of a Requirement Collection if the test case doesn't indicate that it validates the requirement inside that Requirement Collection. I have over 1000 requirements in a few Requirement Collections (modules) that have test cases already written for them in Excel, so I don't want to manually relink all these test cases in RQM web to requirements.

I guess i need to wait until this is supported.

- Miles

2 other answers

permanent link
nicolas gueit (11) | answered Mar 27 '23, 10:48 a.m.

Hi all,
I am using the same tool, for same purpose, and I have exactly the same issue, even if i am using more recent versions: 7.0.2 SR1 (iFix018) for the RM & TM servers, importer Mso2Rqm_Common Version: 7.0.2.12531

@miles (or anyone with the answer), you said it was fixed in 2019, do you know if there is any setting somewhere to fix it?
Thanks!

Comments
nicolas gueit commented Mar 27 '23, 11:20 a.m.

Ok sorry I found the new manip to correct it on the online help: RQMExcelWordImporter < Main < TWiki (jazz.net) 

permanent link
Miles Thompson (1824) | answered Aug 13 '19, 11:25 a.m.

The latest version of RQMExcelWordImporter fixed this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.