It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Approach to use for Teamconcert plugin using Jenkinsfile

Andy Jewell (24236174) | asked Nov 07 '18, 1:44 p.m.
Our current Jenkins process is pretty typical (I assume).  Namely, we have a build definition associated with a Jenkins build engine.  Jenkins does polling via the plugin to know when to fire the build at which time it loads the workspace defined in the build definition and then runs the build command specified in the Jenkins job.  That works well enough, we've been using it for years.

Now we are looking at using a Jenkins pipeline in order to simplify the master build script and use the cleaner semantics of a pipeline.  Configuring the pipeline in the script block in the Jenkins job works but my question is can using a Jenkinsfile pull from SCM work at all?  It just seems out of kilter conceptually in that a stream holds multiple components which for most Jenkins users are their own single repositories.  In an RTC workspace situation Jenkins wouldn't know which component to look in for the Jenkinsfile - unless they all had Jenkinsfiles (which is maybe the expectation).

Could someone share their experience using Jenkins, Pipeline and RTC?

One answer

permanent link
Andy Jewell (24236174) | answered Nov 13 '18, 7:42 p.m.
You can select to execute the pipeline script from a specific location:

Pipeline configuration

This works but I guess implies that you can just have one Jenkinsfile per stream.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.