It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unhelpful Team Advisor window

Peter Turvey (99130) | asked Nov 07 '18, 6:55 a.m.

I have got version 6.0.6 of Eclipse client and I'm using it to connect to a newly installed Jazz Team Server and set up a new project.

Everything seems to be working OK but I have been getting a few yellow triangle warning messages in the "Team Advisor" window but with no explanatory text.
Sometimes the "Team Advisor" window pops up with nothing at all in it. No yellow triangles or red crosses.

As I can't see anything wrong with the operations I am doing I have just been closing the window down but I suspect something is not right.
Any idea how to get Team Advisor to work properly ?

Thanks
               Peter 

Comments
Peter Turvey commented Nov 07 '18, 9:22 a.m. | edited Nov 08 '18, 12:01 p.m.

The problem has gone away and I now have "Team Advisor" working properly again.

I went back to yesterday's checkpoint/snapshot, did pretty much the same things as I had done earlier on today. And now the "Team Advisor" window is raising the occasional warning and explaining what the warnings are about.

So I don't know why it didn't work before, but it's OK now.

Peter

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Nov 08 '18, 11:58 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Some Ideas. It's possible to write custom preconditions/advisors; so a thought might be that your RTC server has some custom made preconditions/advisors (possibly internally made) that did not correctly include error/warning messages? Other than that, I'm not sure why it would not work. Please keep your eye on it and update this post with any additional details.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.