It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error Importing test scripts into RQM using RQM Excel Importer: (400) Bad Request

Timothy Distel (73146) | asked Nov 05 '18, 9:27 a.m.
edited Nov 05 '18, 1:21 p.m.

Hello,

I am using CLM Suite 6.0.6 ifix003

I am importing test scripts into RQM via the excel rqm importer add-in. I attempted importing 40 seperate test scripts and test cases with a 1 to 1 relationship. 7 of the test scripts refuse to import and always throw this error:

Within the RQM Export Dialog Box:

Sending testscript 2 named Fires_Capabilities...
Error sending to server Fires_Capabilities of type testscript
The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Within the log file generated from the export:

11/5/2018 7:36:27 AM: sending testscript0 named Fires_Capabilities
11/5/2018 7:36:27 AM: Server returned code BadRequest
11/5/2018 7:36:27 AM: Error sending to server Fires_Capabilities of type testscript
11/5/2018 7:36:27 AM: Bad Request

Since 33 of the test scripts import correctly, I know the formatting of the excel file is correct, and the .cfg file is working correctly. Bad Request gives no insight into what is erroring out, I am at a loss.

For visibility this is my .cfg file:

// This configuration file creates a test case with each test script and links them.
// The linking is accomplished by self referential data

// Start looking for scripts after row 2
testscript.XLSStartRow=2

// use the data in the first row of a found script's column B
testscript.XLSArtifactID=F
testscript.dc:title=F
testscript.dc:description=B

// the literal "execution" will be put into the step type tag, so all steps will be of type execution
testscript.steps.type="execution"
testscript.steps.description=RichText(H)
testscript.steps.title=G
testscript.steps.name=G
testscript.steps.expectedResult=I
testscript.steps.comment=J

// a new script starts when we encounter an empty row
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n
// we want to use the data we got for each test script to create a test case
testcase.ID=testscript.XLSArtifactID

// by referring to the testscript's field instead of the column that data comes from
// the tool will also create links to each of the test scripts.
testcase.dc:description=testscript.dc:description
testcase.dc:title=A
testcase.Section("com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition", "RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE")=C
testcase.Section("com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePostCondition", "RQM-KEY-TC-POST-COND-TITLE")=D
testcase.category term="Project".value=E

Any help is greatly appreciated, this is actually time sensitive. Thanks in advance!

Comments
Timothy Distel commented Nov 05 '18, 1:48 p.m. | edited Nov 05 '18, 2:21 p.m.

The qm.log reads as follows:

2018-11-05 07:37:08,574 [WebContainer : 25 @@ 07:37 distel.tim <No User Agent@10.104.100.85> /qm/secure/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/<PROJECT AREA NAME>/testcase/Fires_Capabilities]  WARN com.ibm.rqm.oslc.service                            - no target artifact found for link ../testscript/Fires_Capabilities from test plan 17 - 1.6.0.13

In my excel template, "17 - 1.6.0.13" is the test case name to be created with the test script, and "Fires Capabilities" is the test script name. If you notice in this qm.log line, it refers to the test case name as a test plan and the test script name as a test case and test script. Also, keep in mind that there were other test scripts included in in this excel which were identified correctly along with their test cases. if nothing changes with the .cfg file, how can some scripts be identified as scripts and other scripts be identified as test cases?

Ian Wark commented Nov 06 '18, 12:40 a.m. | edited Nov 06 '18, 12:41 a.m.

It looks a bit different, but you might want to discount this issue as a possibility:
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=172319

Timothy Distel commented Nov 06 '18, 9:48 a.m.

I appreciate the response Ian, unfortunately all of the test scripts had the same naming convention and same goes for the test cases. So if there was potential for a certain character within the names to cause an error, I believe it would have errored for every test script in the import as opposed to only a handful of them.

Don Yang commented Nov 06 '18, 8:04 p.m.
is the cfg full context or you did not provide testplan related bits?
As there is no visible excel file, it is hard to find out what could be wrong.
test case does not have .XLSStartRow and I am wondering whether that could cause the expected order to be wrong.
If that is not the case, it would be good option to contact support for a test with the sample cfg and xls files.

2 answers

permanent link
Miles Thompson (1824) | answered Nov 08 '18, 4:22 p.m.

Is it possible to get a snippet of your Excel file? An example of a Testcase that imported correctly and another that didn't import correctly?

I have no idea if you're just getting lucky with the other 33, but I don't think you need this line:
testcase.ID=testscript.XLSArtifactID

Your test cases are already linking to the test scripts with this line:
testcase.dc:description=testscript.dc:description

testcase.ID has had some issues in the past, but they were supposed to be resolved as of 6.0.4

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Nov 11 '18, 11:06 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Timothy,

As you are facing failure for particular test script, it appears to be data specific issue. I would check it
 - By exporting data to local file and check generated xml for that specific test script, if it reveals some obvious anomaly.
 - Sometime RichText might not handle microsoft specific formatting tag, I would try removing the RichText call from cfg file.

In case none of above works then as Don suggested contact support with the data and they can assist.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.