It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking a test result to workitems

Luiz Almeida (23015589) | asked Nov 01 '18, 7:00 p.m.

Hi friends,

I'd like to know if is there another way to link a test case result with a workitem that is not a defect.
I know that in the "defect" tab of a test case result I can link the test case result with whatever workitem (a task for instance). But the semanthic in this case is incorrect (because, obviouly, a task is not a defect).

So, is it possible to link a test case result with a task in way that this relation makes sense? 

Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
sreenath v (78167) | answered Nov 02 '18, 3:41 a.m.
Hi Luiz Almeida,

Yes you can link a testcase result with a task in RTC. For that After running,click on Defect and change the type to Task and discussion you can mention what change you want.

Its makes sense after running a testcase if you have any other things to mention you can create a Task.No issue

Comments
Luiz Almeida commented Nov 05 '18, 12:09 p.m.

sreenath,

Thanks for your explanation.
One more doubt...is it possible to link the result of a Test suite to an workitem?
Thanks in advance. 

sreenath v commented Nov 09 '18, 12:24 a.m.
Hi Luiz Almeida,

No you cant link a test suite  result with a defect.You can raise a defect while running each test case from test suite.Hope you got the point

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.