It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to dynamically add fields?

Michael Alberda (2311447) | asked Nov 01 '18, 7:41 a.m.
Hi,

Is it possible to dynamically add fields such as contributors on a work item. The client has a requirement where they need to add resources depending on the size of the project. If we cater for x amount of resources, it becomes very messy.

I do not believe this is possible in our current version (6.0). If this is the case are there any enhancements in future release?

Are there perhaps any other suggestions to cater for this requirement?

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Michael.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 02 '18, 3:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't get it as the terminology seems to be totally off as well.

RTC has attributes, attributes can have values. You can 

1. Add custom attributes of various types to work item types in the process configuration.  
2. Add/set/change attribute values for said attributes.
3. Have estimates and complexity

RTC has Project Areas where you can 
4. Assign users and you can also 
5. Configure allocation on a resource basis.

To which concept 1-4 do you refer? To what purpose? What is a project and how is allocation manged? What is the aim?

One answer

permanent link
Salman Shaikh (23412873) | answered Nov 01 '18, 7:03 p.m.
As per RTC terminology there is one owner of the work item, How ever you can add a contributor list field that will allow to add multiple resources on a single work item.You can filter these values in the queries as well.

Let's take an example of a CR, Owner will be Project Manager and Enumeration list will consist of Developers and testers etc. You can filter values based on Roles as well by creating default values sets based on Role in Attribute customization.

Comments
Michael Alberda commented Nov 02 '18, 2:16 a.m.
Hi Salman,

Thankyou for the response. I initially did use the contributor list but the problem is that for each resource assigned, there are associated effort attributes per resource as well. Which is why the contributor list will not work for us.

This is why I was hoping to somehow dynamically add fields or perhaps some other workaround?

Thankyou,
Kind Regards,

Michael.

Michael Alberda commented Nov 02 '18, 2:17 a.m.
Hi Salman,

Thankyou for the response. I initially did use the contributor list but the problem is that for each resource assigned, there are associated effort attributes per resource as well. Which is why the contributor list will not work for us.

This is why I was hoping to somehow dynamically add fields or perhaps some other workaround?

Thankyou,
Kind Regards,

Michael.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.