It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question about Permissions/Operation Behavior

Stan Cason (4131) | asked Oct 19 '09, 9:40 a.m.
I think (I hope) I am missing something.

I am setting up a project Area and am in the Team Configuration, under Operation Behavior and am attempting to add a restriction for the development team to deliver code to the test stream without approval.

What seems to be missing is the capability of allowing a team to deliver code to one stream without approval, but require approval for another stream.

We need the development team to have free access to their development stream, but restrict access to the test stream.

What is the process to restrict access to just one stream within a Project?

3 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Oct 19 '09, 9:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:53:02 +0000, StanCason wrote:

I think (I hope) I am missing something.

I am setting up a project Area and am in the Team Configuration, under
Operation Behavior and am attempting to add a restriction for the
development team to deliver code to the test stream without approval.

What seems to be missing is the capability of allowing a team to deliver
code to one stream without approval, but require approval for another
stream.

We need the development team to have free access to their development
stream, but restrict access to the test stream.

What is the process to restrict access to just one stream within a
Project?

You can do this by managing which teams own the various streams. So for
example:

My Project
"Project Development" owns: Test
"Team A" owns: Team A Integration

In this setup, the Project Development team's process can be configured
to require approvals and the Team A team's process can be configured to
be more relaxed.

--
Jared Burns
Jazz Process Team

permanent link
Stan Cason (4131) | answered Oct 19 '09, 5:52 p.m.
Thanks.... I was just starting to think through that possibility. Just to be clear. In my case, both teams would have the same members, right? My development team would be in both Project Development and Team A. But Project Development would have no access at all to the test stream, and Team A a would only be able to deliver code to the test stream with approval.

The key here is to exclude the Project Development team completely from the test stream.

permanent link
Shivank Arya (19141) | answered Oct 21 '09, 1:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, both the teams will have same set of members for whom you want the provision to deliver in both streams (one with approval(s) and one without).

Regarding your last point on "excluding Project Development team..." - When a stream is owned by a particular team, the process configurations of that team and the hierarchy above (only if required) are picked up. Therefore, in your case, having two teams will solve the problem.

-Shivank
Jazz Process Team

Thanks.... I was just starting to think through that possibility. Just to be clear. In my case, both teams would have the same members, right? My development team would be in both Project Development and Team A. But Project Development would have no access at all to the test stream, and Team A a would only be able to deliver code to the test stream with approval.

The key here is to exclude the Project Development team completely from the test stream.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.