It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC description field parser which can scan through the Description of the ChangeLog Tickets

Megha Nair (116) | asked Oct 25 '18, 6:14 a.m.

RTC parser which can scan through the ChangeLog Tickets which is in YAML format,Collect all the relavent information,and create an overview inventory table

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 25 '18, 8:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is not a question, do you want me to close this?  See How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers?

Megha Nair commented Oct 26 '18, 1:13 a.m.

Is there an API to parse through the description field of the work items ?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 26 '18, 2:21 a.m.

No, BUT THERE ARE TWO OR MORE API's TO GET THE CONTENT OF THE DESCRIPTION ATTRIBUTE. YOU COULD PARSE THE DATA WITH YOUR OWN PARSER API.

Comments
Megha Nair commented Oct 26 '18, 2:25 a.m.

Can you tell which are those API's to read the content of the description attribute? 

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 26 '18, 3:12 a.m. | edited Oct 26 '18, 3:13 a.m.

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ provides a good starting point. The first link explains the available APIs, I added newer links for the OSLC APIs a moment ago. The rest hints where to go for more information. 

The Java API is explained in many posts. Following this post should allow you to find the most important entries. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.