It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insert existing artifact into module: how to add more than 25 at a time

Michael Laurendi (1051044) | asked Oct 19 '18, 8:18 a.m.
When in a module, after selecting the pencil icon for an artifact, and selecting "Inserting Existing Artifact...", is there a way to display and add more than 25 artifacts? For example, if I navigate to a folder with 100 artifacts, I can insert the first page of 25 displayed and add them into the module. I then have to select page 2 to display the next 25 artifacts and add them, and so on.

DNG 6.0.5 iFix005, no Global Config Management.

One answer

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered Oct 19 '18, 8:41 a.m.
edited Oct 19 '18, 8:42 a.m.
You can insert up to 200 artifacts at once by changing the view settings on the folder.

The dropdown is in the top left corner of the List View for a folder.

Comments
Michael Laurendi commented Oct 19 '18, 11:18 a.m.

Hi Sean,

The drop-down menu you uploaded I can get alright when I right-click in the top gray row when in the folders. That is not the same menu when right-clicking the top gray row when in a module. I will describe the menu briefly as follows because I have not yet earned enough Jazz.net Forum points to upload a screen snippet png file:

1st menu selection is "Show Full Hierarchy".
2nd menu selection row is "Configure Columns to Display..."
3rd row is "Reset Columns to Default"

If I change settings in the folder view to be 200 Row Per Page and then go into my module, when I select "Insert Existing Artifacts.." it is un-changed at 25 items per page.

Is there another place I should go to modify my settings? 

Sean F commented Oct 19 '18, 12:09 p.m.
Hi Michael,

What I found is that when you go into a folder (any folder) you can change the preference from 25 to 200 as shown in the picture..

After doing this I go back to my module. Open it. Select an artifact.

>Pencil Menu>Insert Existing Artifact>After...

Selection window pops up.

Browse to folder where the artifacts are located. The window now lets you select up to 200 artfacts instead of 25.

It seems to be a global preference setting that you can change from inside any folder and it will affect the rest of the interface.

Michael Laurendi commented Oct 19 '18, 12:25 p.m.

Sean,

That is not working. What version of RDNG are you at? I am using 6.0.5 iFix005.

You must be a later version.

Thanks,
Mike

Sean F commented Oct 19 '18, 12:36 p.m.
6.0.6 iFix001

I also have standalone 6.0.5 on another machine so I will have a look on that.

Sean F commented Oct 20 '18, 12:49 a.m.

Hi Michael,

I have checked this in 605 and it does not work. I think you need 606

Not sure what 605 iFix I am running. The about box just says:-

Rational DOORS Next Generation    6.0.5    RDNG6.0.5-I20171103_2035

Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries    6.0.5    RJF-SERVER-I20171103-1833

You can also add artifacts to a module using CSV import when they are imported. Not sure if you can export existing artifacts to a CSV and then update their module and parentBinding properties to insert them in a module. Might be a possibility.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.