It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Quering the Defect's "Include Link History" in Report Builder or RTC Queries

Venkatesh Prasad (21721) | asked Oct 19 '18, 2:57 a.m.
Hello All,
Could someone help me with the below requirement please.
Is there a way we can build a report in the report builder or the RTC queries where the report should give us the Latest Modified Date and Time of a Defects based on enabling the "Include Link History" in the History tab.
As of now, we have a field called 'Last Modified Date' which can be selected while building the report, but this field is not considering the date and time when a link is added or removed to/from the defect.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 19 '18, 4:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

My experience is that when a link is added to an item, only the modification date of that item is updated, not the modification date of the item being linked to.   In contrast, Link History shows you both kinds of additions, i.e. when the link is added to the item, and when a link to this item is added to another item.   So having an additional entry in the Link History of a work item does not ensure that the modification date of that work item changes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.