It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Instructions are not clear in IBM Interactive Installation Guide for Deploy web applications (WAR files)

gopi kenchappa (256) | asked Oct 18 '18, 3:26 a.m.

Hello Team,

We have followed below IBM link to generate Interactive Installation Guide for install & set up of IBM WebSphere Application server(WAS 9.0) & CLM components(Version 6.0.6) on windows server 2016.

<o:p> </o:p>

Topology:- Single Standalone server

So my question is about "Deploy web applications (WAR files)" point number 6 in installation guide. When we select "jts.war" file then it is navigated to next couple of below mentioned screens.

Step1 Installation option

In this above screen, there are multiple options are selected by default and there is no clear instructions in the guide why we are selecting that. 

Example:- Directory to install applications, Distribute Application, Use Binary configuration, Deploy Enterprise beans etc.

it would be a great if you share those missing instructions or any specific links or manuals which will explain about these missing instructions.

Please let me know if you need more details in this regard.

Thanks,

Gopi

2 answers

permanent link
Salman Shaikh (23412873) | answered Oct 29 '18, 2:02 a.m.
What i have got from your question is that you want to know all the attributes that are being used while doing WAR deployments. First things is that all those attributes are covered by server documentation not by CLM that's why they have kept it limited as per CLM.
The information that you need can be read from below link.

In case of any other query please let me know.

permanent link
Michael Afshar (7014) | answered Oct 25 '18, 4:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Gopi,

Your screen shot is broken and not visible. I am not sure if that was a screen shot of the section of the guide or WAS console. If you're talking about selections in the WAS console, everything that needs to be selected or entered, is documented in the guide. For all other fields, we use the defaults.

Michael

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.