It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Run 'Link By Attribute' on 2000 artifacts

Sean F (1.3k241145) | asked Oct 15 '18, 11:30 a.m.

I need to run Link By Attribute on 2000 artifacts in a folder.

I can only see 25 artifacts at a time even if I create a folder view.

Are there any tricks for running LBR on more than 25 artifacts at a time?

I can't do it in the module (where you can select all the artifacts) because it creates module context links

I remember reading that there was a way to do 200 base artifacts at a time but I can't remember what it was.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered Oct 15 '18, 9:15 p.m.
@Michael Laurendi - No you can only do LBA for the artefacts you select, and you can only select what's displayed.

Sean - top left corner of the List View for a folder, the drop down where you select what columns to display and how to group, that's where you can select to display up to 200 artefacts at a time.

Sean F selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sean F commented Oct 15 '18, 11:27 p.m.

Thanks Davyd. I knew I had seen it somewhere.

3 other answers

permanent link
Michael Laurendi (105944) | answered Oct 15 '18, 11:43 a.m.

If I am not mistaken, the Link By Attribute works based on whether there is one or more values in each artifact for that field, and I don't think it matters how many rows are in the display. In other words, you do not need a view.

permanent link
Michael Laurendi (105944) | answered Oct 15 '18, 11:46 a.m.

Not sure that was clearly stated. When you execute the Link By Attribute, it will create links for any artifact that there is a value assigned and obviously no links will be created for all artifacts that have an un-assigned/blank field value.

permanent link
Michael Laurendi (105944) | answered Oct 15 '18, 11:49 a.m.

You could do LBA for all 2,000 artifacts, irregardless of how many you display, whether 25, 50, 100, or 200.

Anybody else in the forum: am I correct in saying this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.