It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can't I set a stepResult to notrun (with RQM REST)?

M Mallett (111) | asked Oct 11 '18, 11:23 a.m.

I'm able to create a new executionresult based on an existing result by following the steps outlined in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#Create. For some of the stepResults, I'd like to set to notrun and clear the tester, startTime, and endTime values. However, any attempt to modify these to a "com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.notrun" result, results in the step being created with the original result, tester, and timestamps. I'm removing the following from the executionresult:

'ns16:actualRunTime',
'ns16:defect',
'ns16:isCurrent',
'ns16:isCurrentForBuild',
'ns16:pausedTime',
'ns16:remoteexecution',
'ns16:requirement',
'ns16:resultItemId',
'ns16:scriptStepCount',
'ns16:scriptStepCountAttempted',
'ns16:scriptStepCountBlocked',
'ns16:scriptStepCountDeferred',
'ns16:scriptStepCountFailed',
'ns16:scriptStepCountInconclusive',
'ns16:scriptStepCountPassed',
'ns16:scriptStepCountPermFailed',
'ns16:scriptStepCountSkipped',
'ns16:testItem',
'ns16:totalRunTime',
'ns2:alias',
'ns2:creationDate',
'ns5:updated',
'ns2:webId',
'ns3:identifier',
'ns2:approvals',
'ns2:stateid',
'ns2:configuration'

For the stepResult, I remove the "id" attribute. I've even tried to set the "id" to a new UUID. However, both of these approaches result in the previous result's data being used. I've combed through the data to remove any linking attributes to the previous result however somehow it is still associated. Any help is appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 12 '18, 6:39 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is supported.  Please open a RQM defect with the version of RQM and the execuctionresult XML you're using.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.