It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to checkin the binaries from Build machine, after successful build

Chidambaram L (23414178) | asked Oct 09 '18, 1:07 p.m.
bin files, its sub folders, class files are removed from the Ignore List.
JBE agent runs in the build machine. Build is successful. How to check-in the binary from the build machine..
Do we need to point the Load path (in build definition) to the same as eclipse workspace path. And launch Eclipse in the Build machine to check-in from 'Pending Changes' view.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 10 '18, 4:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Checking in binaries is basically a controversial topic and I am on the position you should not do that for many reasons.

I would rather suggest to store such results in a binary repository such as Artifactory.

If you still think it is a good idea to do that, you will have to use the SCM commandline to add this. A build workspace purely accepts and loads. Please note that the build user does not even have write access to workspaces used in personal builds, so your scripts would have to take that into account. 

Comments
David Lafreniere commented Oct 10 '18, 10:15 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I agree with everything Ralph said.
If you do choose to do this, here's an article that shows examples of how to use the SCM CLI in a build:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.