It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC integration is not available

David Wood (112) | asked Oct 08 '18, 5:33 p.m.

hi,

I have problem. When I install the IBM Rational Team Concert client for Microsoft Visual Studio IDE from IBM Installation Manager and select Visual Studio 2017, the integration is installed on all instances of Microsoft Visual Studio 2017. However, if I install additional instances of Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 after I install the Rational Team Concert client, the integration is not available on the newly installed instances of Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.

Please help.

2 answers

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Oct 09 '18, 12:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi David, the new MSVS instance might not know of the RTC client component installed on the machine.

You could configure the MSVS client to seek RTC source control options using steps below. Hope this helps?

1. From the menu, click Tools > Options.
  2. In the Options window, expand Source Control and click Plug-in Selection.
  3. On the Plug-In Selection page, from the Current source control plug-in list, select Jazz Source Control.
  4. Click OK.

Best Regards
Sunil

permanent link
David Wood (112) | answered Oct 09 '18, 3:42 p.m.

Hi Sunil,

Finally I:
Closed IBM Installation Manager and all instances of Microsoft Visual Studio. Then I repaired Visual Studio 2017 by using the Visual Studio Installer and finally i re-run IBM Installation Manager and confirmed that the Visual Studio 2017 option is enabled.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.