It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to move a file present in a folder other than the deploy folder used for creating a build

avinash pathak (111) | asked Oct 06 '18, 9:08 p.m.

i have a deploy folder which i use to create builds, i have to put all scripts that i have to deploy in the deploy folder and create the build, but i want to keep the scripts at a different location and in deploy folder just put the path of the files that are to be deployed, i have shell script that reads the paths mentioned in the file containing the links placed in the deploy folder, but when it tries to move, it gets error 'no such file or directory', my structure is  ROOT contains deploy and scripts folder, scripts folder contains scripts and deploy has a file that has path of the scripts in script folder, i am specifying path as /ROOT/SCRIPT/SCRIPT.TXT

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 08 '18, 2:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is, as far as I can tell, not really an RTC question - at least there is no information at all about RTC. This is a basic how scripting works.  "No such file or directory" is an error that can have many causes. Make sure the data is there when the script is called (e.g. data is loaded).   

Comments
avinash pathak commented Oct 08 '18, 11:55 p.m.

hi Ralph,

Thanks for your reply, i have validated files are present in the specified path, wanted to check if there is a specific way to mention the path for RTC 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.