It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rank in Plan with Tree View with link type "Related" - weird ranking behaviour

Jürgen Brückler (69122) | asked Oct 04 '18, 9:30 a.m.

In a flat plan view we have 3 work items (A, B, C) in a plan ranked 1, 2, 3.
The first two work items have a "related"-link to other work items (that are filed against another team and therefore are not part of this plan): A>D, B>E

When I switch to a tree view (by showing the link type "Related") the rank (for A, B, C) is shown as 1, 2, 1.
When I click into the rank field, the rank (for A, B C) is displayed as -1, -1, 1.

I guess this behavior comes from the circumstance, that "Related" is an undirected link (Workitem A is related to Workitem D is related to Workitem A).

When changing the rank in this tree view:
1. I cannot set any workitem to rank 3 (error: "The number entered creates a gap in planning. Proceed with assigning the next available rank (1) to the plan item?").
2. When I change the rank using drag & drop, after saving the plan one workitem is shown like this: D>A>D. The other workitem is shown B>E, but with an info icon that there is a circular dependency, involving workitems B, E, B.
After refreshing the plan view, it is shown as A>D, B>E with no more info/warning icons.

Has anyone ever tried using a tree view for ranks by using the "Related" link type?
Do you have any hints for me?

Thanks!
Juergen

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Oct 04 '18, 10:58 a.m.

It looks like a configuration issue. Please create a new case to support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.