It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG - Word Import style property that determines 'Heading;

Sean F (1.3k241145) | asked Oct 02 '18, 9:08 a.m.
I am importing a Word doc.
The Level 5 paragraphs (under the Heading 4 headings) use the Heading 5 style so that the paragraphs will be numbered in Word.
When I import the doc these Level 5 paragraphs come in as Level 5 Headings
I want to change the Heading 5 style in the Word doc so that the DNG word importer will treat them as requirements and not headings
What property of the Heading 5 style is DNG using to determine that this line should become a Heading artifact?
Can this property be changed (or can the style be replaced in Word?) so that these level 5 paragraphs are treated as requirements by the DNG importer.
Or is there a way to filter the level 5 artifacts in DNG after importing so that the artifact type can be changed?

3 answers

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241145) | answered Oct 02 '18, 9:29 a.m.
Actually on second thoughts I need to do the conversion after the import because the heading style is giving structure to the sub-paragraphs and sub-sub-paragraphs.
So I need to be able to filter on the level 5.6.7 headings in the imported module and then convert them to requirement artifacts.

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241145) | answered Oct 02 '18, 1:25 p.m.
I found that you can use MS Word Replace function to globally replace styles throughout a document so I can convert the headings to Normal before import.
I lose the hierarchical structure of sub-paragraphs but that can be reconstructed inside DNG or just left flat.

permanent link
Stephen Woods (11) | answered Oct 12 '18, 5:17 a.m.

Simply use MS Word Replace function to replace styles throughout a document then convert the headings to normal.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.