It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data Warehouse Project List Cleanup

Sean F (1.3k243149) | asked Sep 22 '18, 8:38 a.m.
retagged Sep 25 '18, 7:46 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)
I have installed the stand alone trial environment again after uninstalling it.

The Data Warehouse lists all the projects from the new install and the old install.

LQE is OK and just lists the projects in the current install.

Is there anyway to clean up the DW so all the old projects are not listed anymore?

Also when I select a project in a DW report then go to select an artifact type it lists hundreds of artifact types which do not exist in that project.

Again LQE is OK and only lists artifact types in the selected project.

Is there anyway to get DW to only list relevant artifact types for the selected projects?

I have to use DW as that is the only reporting facility in the cloud environment that I will be transferring the reports to..

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered Sep 23 '18, 12:51 a.m.
You should be able to do a full data load in DW and that will clean things up. Normal behaviour is to just do a delta which means deleted artefacts will still potentially be there

Also in terms of changed artefact types you should be able to go to the data source for RM in the JRS and refresh it and it will reread the metadata
Sean F selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sean F commented Sep 24 '18, 12:00 p.m.
Thanks Davyd. I could not find any reference to Full Data Load in the doco.

Is there a link to a page that describes this?

3 other answers

permanent link
Chuba Arah (1563) | answered Sep 24 '18, 5:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 24 '18, 5:19 p.m.
Hi Sean and Davyd,

You shouldn't have to do a full load to get rid of deleted project areas. The delta load jobs should mark the data as deleted (i.e. set the ISSOFTDELETED column in the RIODS.PROJECT table from 0 to 1).

However, the scenario that Sean laid out can cause such behavior because the data warehouse should have also been dropped when the old environment was uninstalled. By not doing so, there is no way for the new environment's DCC jobs to mark the project areas from the old environment as deleted since they belong to a different repository. You can see this via the SOURCE_ID column in the RIODS.PROJECT table in the data warehouse. Projects from the old installation will have a different value than those from the new installation.

In this case, you'll probably need to drop the whole database and recreate it or find the rows in the RIODS.PROJECT table and manually mark them as deleted by setting their ISSOFTDELETED value to 1.

Lastly, a full load job can be executed as outlined in the 8th step in the Collecting data with the Data Collection Component topic (https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.dcc.doc/topics/t_roadmap_dcc.html).

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered Sep 24 '18, 7:56 p.m.
Chuba has posted the link to the DCC info - you want step 8 in that page.

But I agree - it may be better to drop and recreate the DW to make sure your old data is all gone. You should be able to stop CLM, drop and recreate the DW database, start CLM and run through the setup to recreate the DW structure.

I would also be interested in hearing how you go if you decide to dig into the RIODS.PROJECT table and do it manually.

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered Sep 25 '18, 9:30 a.m.
^^thanks Chuba
^thanks Davyd

I will post back if I dig any further into this but my time priorities have changed a bit

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.