It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to increase number of max changesets returned from lscm show history command

bahtiyar kaba (1111) | asked Sep 15 '18, 9:50 a.m.
retagged Sep 21 '18, 2:13 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hello, 

I need to process the json output from lscm show history command, but there seems to be some limitiations on the number of changesets.
Even though I specify -m all, only 1024 changesets are returned. When I try to set the limit explicitly with the -m option, it gives an error saying it can be max 1024. 
In ecllipse, when I increase the number of entries to be shown in preferences of the history tab, I can see all the way in history. How can I do the same thing with this command?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Nancy Coelho (371) | answered Sep 17 '18, 6:51 p.m.
Couple of things I want to clarify here because I worked on this task
1. By default it will only show 1024 in CLI.
2. We did provide a fix in 6.0.3, 6.0.4 &  6.0 5 versions of RTC product with  a  configurable server property setting like following
-Dcom.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.utils.MaxHistorySize =9000
 This is only for  component history (It will show all changesets in that component upto configured value). If you run the following command it will show  maximum of 9000 changesets of component history.
3. It is component history that is configurable as mentioned above and NOT folder or versionable history! The folder and versionable history are still limited to 1024 in CLI
4. After you have set server property you can run the following command:
scm show history -r https://<serverName>:9443/ccm -u <USER> -P <PASS> -w myworkspace -C mycomponet -m all

We have enhancement  in 6.0.6, we do not need the server property setting, The command mentioned in comment 4 will show all component history in pages. We have new API which not backward compatible.

Comments
bahtiyar kaba commented Sep 18 '18, 5:32 a.m.

Thank you very much for your answer. 

However, the server version is 6.0.2; and it will not probably be updated soon. Is there a way to somehow use a higher version  of client with 6.0.2 server?

Also, another point I wonder is that I can view all the history in RTC eclipse client, so this mechanism is there somewhere. Is it possible to access this programmatically in any way ( maybe even Java code) ? I even tried to intercept http traffic to see the response, however, I couldn't make eclipse client work with the proxy.

Thanks

Nancy Coelho commented Sep 18 '18, 5:38 p.m. | edited Sep 20 '18, 8:48 a.m.
Your question  "Is there a way to somehow use a higher version  of client with 6.0.2 server?"
Answer is NO.
1. You can not connect from a newer version of the client to a older version of the Server. It is always other way around. You can connect to newer version of a server from a older version of the RTC Client
It tells me that  RTC 6.0.2 still in maintenance  mode, and  you can request a fix for this from  tech support.

Your comment "Also, another point I wonder is that I can view all the history in RTC eclipse client,"
My answer:
Take a look at 'all downloads' on jazz.net. There will be a zip file for javadocs for plain Java client . See if there is suitable API that will fit your needs.
Thanks

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Sep 21 '18, 2:12 p.m.

For details about the compatibility of clients and servers, see Client and server version compatibility.

Ken 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.