It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS NG: Deliver Change Set to a different Stream

Richard Hall (107211) | asked Aug 31 '18, 5:00 p.m.
retagged Sep 18 '18, 8:41 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

In DOORS NG rev 6.0.6, is it possible to deliver a change set to a different stream to the one that the change set was created from?

In our case we have two stream (Stream A and Stream B) where Stream B was created from Stream A some time ago.

The change set was supposed to have been created from Stream B.  However, the user incorrectly created it from Stream A.

The user has now done significant work in the Change Set.  The work consists of creating you artifacts within a module.

Is it possible to get those changes into Stream B without them appearing in Stream A?

If not, can you suggest the best way forward (e.g. deliver to Steam A, deliver changes from Stream A to Stream B, remove from Stream A, mark new change set as to not be delivered to Stream B)

Comments
Minakshi Jaint commented Sep 18 '18, 8:41 a.m.

Documentation topic related to delivering change set to a different stream:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.5/com.ibm.jazz.vvc.doc/topics/t_del_chgs_elsewhere.html

Richard Hall commented Sep 18 '18, 11:45 a.m.

Unfortunately that documentation does not address my question.

It explains how to deliver a Change Set from one stream to another stream.

My question is about how to deliver a Change Set created against one stream to a different stream without first delivering it to the stream that it was created against.

2 answers

permanent link
David Reilly (69140) | answered Sep 04 '18, 2:01 p.m.

Hi Richard, 

Here's what should take place:

1. Create a baseline of Stream A. 
2. Deliver changeset to Stream A. 
3. Create a baseline of Stream B. 
4. Deliver changes from A to B. 
5. Deliver changes from Baseline B to Stream B. 
6. Deliver changes from Baseline A to Stream A. 
    - De-conflict the changes you don't want (i.e. don't deliver those changes)

Dependent on your types of changes, even this may not work. Not sure how flexible "undelivering" is. 

Maybe one of the talented IBM engineers can respond to this. In their absence, hopefully my response could be helpful.

David

permanent link
Richard Hall (107211) | answered Sep 04 '18, 2:14 p.m.

Thanks for the response.

If I do this, will I have a problem the next time I deliver other changes from Stream A to Stream B where it removes the these specific changes from Stream B as well, unless I explicitly don;t deliver the changes.

Or does Step 3 and 5 of creating a Baseline B and delivering to Stream B prevent this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.