It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Error in engine Invalid output state" when running RPE report for RTC

Dmitry A. Lesin (24825896) | asked Aug 30 '18, 6:41 a.m.
edited Aug 30 '18, 8:24 a.m.

Hi guys,

I'm in complete misunderstanding because of strange error with designed Rational Publishing Engine (v6.0.5) report for Rational Team Concert (v6.0.5). The main problem is that it works without a problem in my development environment but I can not execute it properly in the production one.
I'm running the report after it was designed in RPE Document Studio and deployed to RTC as a resource.
The error is:
An error occurred generating the report
Details:Starting run...Processing document template 1 of 1.Data source workitems using URL https://<SERVER_URI>:9443/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=(workitem/workItem%5BprojectArea/itemId='"'_UQdPECxBEeitRbRXL3fkMw'"'%5D/(id%7Csummary%7Cdescription%7CcreationDate%7Cmodified%7Ctype/(id%7Cname)%7Cowner/name%7Ccreator/name%7CmodifiedBy/name%7CallExtensions/(key%7ClargeStringValue)%7Ctarget/(itemId%7Cname)%7CprojectArea/(itemId%7Cname)%7CteamArea/name%7Ccategory/name%7Cpriority/(id%7Cname)%7CauditableLinks/(targetRef/(comment%7Curi))))
Processed 200 input elements.
Processed 400 input elements.
Processed 600 input elements.
Processed 800 input elements.
Error in engine Invalid output state.
Aborting engine execution...
Document generation finished in 1 seconds.
I was trying to generate  the same directly from RPE Document Studio. The error is:
CRRPE1020I The document will be published locally.
CRRPE1064I Starting run...
CRRPE1064I Processing document template 1 of 1.
CRRPE3570W The fields argument was detected in https://<SERVER>:9443/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=(workitem/workItem[projectArea/itemId='_UQdPECxBEeitRbRXL3fkMw']/(id|summary|description|creationDate|modified|type/(id|name)|owner/name|creator/name|modifiedBy/name|allExtensions/(key|largeStringValue)|target/(itemId|name)|projectArea/(itemId|name)|teamArea/name|category/name|priority/(id|name)|auditableLinks/(targetRef/(comment|uri)))). That value will be used and Rational Publishing Engine will not calculate it from the template content.    
CRRPE1064I Data source workitems using URL https://<SERVER>:9443/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=(workitem/workItem%5BprojectArea/itemId='_UQdPECxBEeitRbRXL3fkMw'%5D/(id%7Csummary%7Cdescription%7CcreationDate%7Cmodified%7Ctype/(id%7Cname)%7Cowner/name%7Ccreator/name%7CmodifiedBy/name%7CallExtensions/(key%7ClargeStringValue)%7Ctarget/(itemId%7Cname)%7CprojectArea/(itemId%7Cname)%7CteamArea/name%7Ccategory/name%7Cpriority/(id%7Cname)%7CauditableLinks/(targetRef/(comment%7Curi))))
CRRPE3107I Downloading data from https://<SERVER>:9443/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=(workitem/workItem[projectArea/itemId='_UQdPECxBEeitRbRXL3fkMw']/(id|summary|description|creationDate|modified|type/(id|name)|owner/name|creator/name|modifiedBy/name|allExtensions/(key|largeStringValue)|target/(itemId|name)|projectArea/(itemId|name)|teamArea/name|category/name|priority/(id|name)|auditableLinks/(targetRef/(comment|uri)))).
CRRPE1064I Error in engine
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
CRRPE1064I Aborting engine execution...
CRRPE1064I 2 publishing commands are processed. 0 publishing commands remain to be processed.
CRRPE3097I The document template is processed. If there are no more templates to process, output files are being written.
CRRPE1064I Document generation finished in 2 seconds. 
CRRPE3603I Enable the Core Debug Mode for RPE to receive additional information on errors.
CRRPE1022I The process was completed in 2.328 seconds.
CRRPE1023E The document could not be generated.
It's still not clear for me, why it results in error in another environment...

My be somebody have an idea what reason can result in such situation.
Thank you very much in advance!

SERVER_URI is replaced by me manually writing to this block.

Comments
Dmitry A. Lesin commented Aug 30 '18, 8:23 a.m.

May be it's not allowed import schema from one server and use in another, isn't it? Even if there are the same versions of Jazz installed?

Kumaraswamy Gowda commented Aug 31 '18, 2:25 a.m.

Additionally, does the below URL work from the browser?

https://<SERVER>:9443/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=(workitem/workItem[projectArea/itemId='_UQdPECxBEeitRbRXL3fkMw']/(id|summary|description|creationDate|modified|type/(id|name)|owner/name|creator/name|modifiedBy/name|allExtensions/(key|largeStringValue)|target/(itemId|name)|projectArea/(itemId|name)|teamArea/name|category/name|priority/(id|name)|auditableLinks/(targetRef/(comment|uri))))

Dmitry A. Lesin commented Aug 31 '18, 5:21 p.m.

Yes, it works. But I can now use RPE Document Studio debugger. And I found that it falls when I'm trying to display links for work items. May be it can be related to another case mentioned next:

I will try check it tomorrow and put info here for others.

2 answers

permanent link
Sunil Shenoy U (362) | answered Aug 31 '18, 1:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dmitry,

Please check the authentication method set in .dsx for RTC data source. Authentication method might vary from server to server sometimes. For RTC data source, generally Form authentication should work.

Thanks /Sunil

Comments
Dmitry A. Lesin commented Aug 31 '18, 5:13 p.m. | edited Aug 31 '18, 5:23 p.m.

Hi Sunil,

No ,it seems the problem of connecting from RPE Document Studio was related to some unclear conditions of WiFi of some hotel where I was staying and doing the work. After I got to another hotel, I can run and debug the report with RPE Document Studio debugger.

permanent link
Dmitry A. Lesin (24825896) | answered Sep 02 '18, 8:25 a.m.
The last problem was occurred in the container where work items auditable links are iterated. It was performed some JavaScript operations with data not pointed in reportable URI. Replacement operation for string that is actually null object resulted in the error found.
The conclusion is that I have to be more attentive building requests to server. Debugger is able to help very much in this way.
Anyway, thank you everybody for help! It's a pleasure to work with tools which are used by community which can help solve difficult problems.
Thank you very much!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.