It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM - Gtest Integration for CPP projects for Testing

RK G (113) | asked Aug 28 '18, 3:00 a.m.
edited Aug 28 '18, 5:18 a.m.

Hi All,

Is there any plugin available for testing CPP projetcs in RQM using gtest, like Selenium adapter for Junit testing in RQM or How to proceed to test the CPP projects from command line adapter where gtest should be executed?

Also is it possible to feed the test scripts (CPP) in RQM and then execute those test scripts using gtest from command line adapter.

Any suggestion or solutions would be of great help. Thank you.

One answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Aug 28 '18, 6:46 a.m.

Hi RK G,
No we do not have any adapter which can directly run CPP based test frameworks similar to what we have for Selenium Based Junit Test Scripts.

However, if you want, you could make use of command line adapter to run Command Line Scripts.
But in that case how are you going to define test script boundary via command line scripts, it would depend on the command line script implementation.
In your case you may have to create one test script in RQM for each of the command line scripts each one of which representing one CPP script.
Those scripts can be added in to a RQM test case and then those test case can be run to execute your CPP based scripts via a Command Line interface script.

So in short for each CPP script there would be a command line script and one rqm based test script.

If that works for you, you could give it a try.

Please let us know if you need more help in this regard.

Comments
RK G commented Aug 28 '18, 7:10 a.m.

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks a lot for your valuable time and the suggestion. I will give a try with the proposed and will get back to you if any help needed.

RK G commented Aug 30 '18, 2:46 a.m.

Hi Abhishek,

Greetings for the day, as me being a newbie to google test and working on testing scenarios, could you please help me sharing any sample documents/articles available with you if there are any for the implementation of the above scenario.

I was able to install CLA and has been able to enable it on RQM. We were struck in how to create test scripts in gtest and the same to be invoked from RQM where the results of test case execution should be reflected in RQM. Please help and hoping that this will reach you in good spirits. Thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.