It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG Requirements Change Management Licensing

Sean F (1.3k243149) | asked Aug 22 '18, 11:38 a.m.
retagged Aug 31 '18, 3:29 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)
I understand that RTC can be used a a requirements change management engine from this previous thread

Would RTC licenses and deployment be required in order to implement this solution? I presume yes.

I am thinking a simpler approach would be to just have the stakeholder requirements under access control and manage changes manually through a DNG 'change request' artifact (with a DNG workflow)  linked to the system requirements that are requesting the change and to the stakeholder requirements that will be changed if the request is approved.

That would keep the whole solution inside DNG and would be more flexible.

Did anybody use this alternative approach?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Softacus AG (2013) | answered Aug 22 '18, 4:11 p.m.

Hi Sean

DNG license includes RTC workitems and planning.

Daniel Moul selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Daniel Moul commented Aug 22 '18, 9:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

2 other answers

permanent link
Steve Pendergrass (261) | answered Aug 23 '18, 10:10 a.m.

DNG includes requirements change management, and RQM includes defect management, both of which are accomplished through integration with RTC. Thus, RTC is included in every cloud provisioned environment. The license loaded in the cloud hosted environment constrains usage to only that functionality included in the subscription.

Comments
Daniel Moul commented Aug 23 '18, 10:46 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Specifically, Jazz work items (tracking and planning) is included (not RTC SCM and build). 

Steve Pendergrass commented Aug 23 '18, 10:56 a.m.

Correct. Thanks for the clarification as to what I meant by "...only that functionality included in the subscription."

Sean F commented Aug 23 '18, 11:16 a.m.

^

Thanks Steve
Thanks Daniel

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered Aug 23 '18, 3:51 a.m.
^Thanks for the info and links guys.

(The link was broken but I managed to edit it manually so here it is updated)

I am also wondering about environment provisioning.

If the customer has a cloud environment for DNG then they don't have control over the server to install RTC as well as DNG.

So does IBM SaaS cloud provisioning allow access to the RTC product as well as DNG at no extra cost if the customer has bought a DNG cloud environment?

Comments
Softacus AG commented Aug 24 '18, 7:03 a.m.

Yes DNG on cloud will also provision RTC CCM but the license allows you to use only plans and work items

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.