It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating Multiple Workspaces for a Single RTC Server

Shawn Carroll (2817) | asked Aug 15 '18, 8:20 a.m.

I walked through the extensibility workshop and set up the tutorial workspace for 6.0.1 no problem. I wanted to start working on new extensions in a fresh workspace, but whenever I connect, it just connects to the same tutorial workspace I set up. How can I set up multiple clean workspaces for the same RTC server?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 15 '18, 10:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. Both, the Tomcat later Liberty Profile RTC's are only for testing and to contain the workshop. You should use a production RTC to version control your own extensions.
  2. The easiest approach is to duplicate the folder Dev1 and call the new folder Dev2, Dev3,..... Eclipse allows you to pick any workspace you want you can use Dev2 for your new code.

You can disconnect the Extension Workshop code. You want to keep the project with the configuration and launches for the beginning. You can move your own launches into one of your projects. disconnect the stuff you don't need and delete the local files.

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/setting-up-rational-team-concert-for-api-development/ has more details and background.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.