It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rqm RestApi: How to update executionresult?

Emil Cavani (1123) | asked Aug 09 '18, 9:00 a.m.

Hi,

I need to update the state of my executionresults via my C# programm. I use Rest to get all testcases in my testsuite compare them with a list of testcaseid´s to find out which to update, then i get the executionworkitem with the resourceurl and then i filter out the currentexecutionresult. I change the resultstate and now i need to make a put call with the same url and the headers:
accept, content-type and if-match.

When i try this with my browser restclient, it works fine, but when i make the same calls in my C# programm i get error 405 method not allowed when i make the put call.

Please help me!

Emil Cavani

2 answers

permanent link
Jim Ruehlin (79114) | answered Aug 10 '18, 10:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You might get some insight by searching through the CLM API Landing Page: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding

It provides a jumping off point to a lot of the API documentation that's out there.

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 10 '18, 9:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Emil,

It appears that your C# program is using the wrong HTTP method.  To update a test artifact using the RQM Reportable REST API, you should be using a HTTP PUT method.

Comments
Emil Cavani commented Aug 13 '18, 4:34 a.m.

I used the PUT method, but it seems when you put you have to auth first and then send request, not vise versa.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Sep 06 '18, 8:13 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Apologies for the delayed response.

Correct.  The HTTP client must be authenticated with the Rational Quality Manager server before issuing any HTTP requests.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.