It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Script based validation for Timespent

Kiran A (31249) | asked Aug 03 '18, 2:35 a.m.
edited Aug 06 '18, 7:17 a.m.

Hello Team, 

Here is My scenario,
Alert message should appear if time spent is greater than the estimated time, I used script based validation to prompt/indicate message. I wrote script to validate estimate and time spent and enabled precondition "Attribute Validation" and kept dependency on duration. Here I am facing a problem, if I give severity as "WARNING" I am not getting any warning message/indicator in the attribute or any of the place in the work item window where as if I give "ERROR" as a severity I am getting error message but I am not able to save the work item. 

My requirement is, I have to give "WARNING" as a severity so I will get warning message and I will keep on working on the task and it allow me to save the work item whenever I change the time spent attribute in the condition timespent>duration.

Regards,
Kiran

Comments
Kiran A commented Aug 06 '18, 7:16 a.m.

Hello Team, 

If I set Severity "Warning" in the condition I can able to see the warning icon in the work item in Eclipse client but where as I am not getting any warning icon in the work item in Web client. What would be the mistake?

Any Suggestions...

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 07 '18, 2:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, the warning should show in the Web UI as well. I would suggest to open a case with support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.