It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Questions on Code Review functionality

nannette Mori (50575) | asked Jul 31 '18, 10:02 a.m.

1. When you add the Code Review Presentation will the existing work items update with the new code review presentation or does the new presentation when added only affect new Work items?

2. Does the built-in-code review functionality allow the user to interface with other review tools (Beyond Compare) or can you only use the built in code review?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 31 '18, 5:16 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'll make this a "comment" rather than an "answer", since I only have a response to (2) ... I don't think the built-in code review functionality provides any interface with other review tools.    

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Aug 16 '18, 1:34 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 16 '18, 1:36 p.m.
1) When you add the Code Review presentation, it will appear on all work items (of the appropriate work item type). This includes all work items that already existed, and any work item created in the future.

2) The RTC Code Review Web UI Feature is only integrated with the web based Orion compare editor (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion). There is no integration with other 3rd party Compare Editors such as Beyond Compare. It is however possible to use the RTC Eclipse or Visual Studio clients to view the changes in an external compare tool of your choice (such as Beyond Compare). See the Preference page located at: Window --> Preferences --> Team --> Jazz Source Control --> External Compare Tools. The change sets attached to the work item could be opened in the Change Summary view, and from there, each file could be opened in the appropriate external compare tool. However if you do want to add "issues" to the Code Review, this will have to be done in the Web UI Code Review page.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.