It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Test Case Result : Total Run time includes idle time

Venkatesh Prasad (21721) | asked Jul 27 '18, 10:59 a.m.
Hello All,
When we run a tcer and pause the execution, the tcer will be in Paused state.Then from execution console, we can resume the execution and then complete the execution. When the execution completes and when we open the Test Case Result page, the Total Run time displays the overall time including the paused time.
For example, I have a tcer with 60 steps and I start the test execution on Friday at 9:00 AM. By 11:00 AM I have completed 30 steps and I pause the execution. I then come back at 2:00 PM and resume the execution and complete the remaining 30 steps by 4:00 PM.
In this case, 4 hours should be the Total Run Time, but the total run time is showing 7 hours as it is considering the paused time aswell which is wrong.
How should we overcome this problem please.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lam To (216) | answered Jul 30 '18, 9:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The pause time is no longer counted in the total run time for manual test case executions in 6.0.4. Please refer to this work item MT Execution - Total Runtime exclude pause time (94214). If you are using a RQM release older then 6.0.4, you should upgrade. 

Thanks.

Venkatesh Prasad selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Venkatesh Prasad commented Aug 06 '18, 8:28 a.m.
Hello Lam,

Woww.. awesome.. this is great. I tested this in v6.0.6 and it works fine there.
But
I am still not able to generate a report based on this.
In the Test Case Result page, I can see Start Time, End Time, Total Run Time, Paused Time and Actual Run Time, but I cannot see these columns in the table within the table "RIDW.VW_EXECUTION_RESULT" in report builder.
Is there any way we can do the calculation of the total effort spent on test execution.

2 other answers

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered Aug 09 '18, 7:55 p.m.
Data Warehouse is being discontinued???

Wow! That's pretty significant news - has there been any announcement or dates attached to this? I have a lot of clients with a lot of reports using DW, and who found LQE was killing their performance so this will have quite an impact on them.

Where can I find more information?

permanent link
Elohim Arranaga (2461) | answered Aug 06 '18, 9:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, all those properties have been added under work item: The paused time/total run time/actual run time needs to be reportable via LQE (157378) in QM 6.0.4. 

One thing to note though, you should use Lifecycle Query Engine(LQE) as data source since Datawharehouse is not including new properties anymore as it is being discontinued. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.