It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Failed to send team invitation error in RTC

Anjuri Kelaiya (3726) | asked Jul 26 '18, 5:06 a.m.

I am trying to send team invitation mail to team members but it is throwing error as mentioned below:

Failed to send team invitations.
hide details
Error generating team invitations for the following members: Kelaiya, Anjuri.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException
Caused by:
The message could not be sent because the Jazz Team Server repository sent an exception. (com.ibm.team.repository.service.compatibility.util.http.CrossServerHttpClient$RestCommunicationException: Internal Server Error) (javax.mail.MessagingException)ID CRJAZ1611E
Caused by:
Internal Server Error (com.ibm.team.repository.service.compatibility.util.http.CrossServerHttpClient.RestCommunicationException)

I have checked, email services are also enabled in JTS setup.
Please suggest if anybody has any idea on this.

Comments
Paul Ellis commented Jul 26 '18, 6:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anjuri,

I am afraid the snippets of information are not enough to make a conclusive statement on what the error is here.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/236033/ibm-rtc-603-error-sending-email showed a similar error previously, but it again lacked more context.

Can you describe your RTC version; whether this is a new deviation from something that was previously working (if so, when?) etc.  It may be enough to get the line <g class="gr_ gr_10 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="10" id="10"> numbers, </g> or more of the error itself.

Kind regards,
Paul

Anjuri Kelaiya commented Jul 26 '18, 7:01 a.m.

Hi Ellis,

Thanks for your response on this.
It is RTC v 6.0.5. It is completely new environment and data has been backed up and restored into this from previous environment.
Email services were working till last week for this  newly created environment but suddenly it started throwing aforementioned error while sending email invitations.

One answer

permanent link
Paul Ellis (1.3k613) | answered Jul 26 '18, 7:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anjuri,

We would still need to see more of the error message as usually it is accompanied by something helpful such as line numbers.
If you can create a case with IBM Support, adding the following in CCM log4j would be useful:

-- Add to the log4j.properties in ccm the following
log4j.logger.com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.save.notify.ChangeEventMailNotifier=DEBUG
log4j.logger.com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.mailer.MailerService=DEBUG
log4j.logger.com.ibm.team.repository.service.compatibility.internal.mailer.MailerService=DEBUG

Save and reload the log settings in ccm.

& if the problem is coming from JTS:
log4j.logger.com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.mailer.MailerService=TRACE
   - Advanced Properties -> com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.save.notify.ChangeEventMailNotifierTask -> Whatever number you have, set to 0

--Reproduce the issue
--Collect ccm.log, jts.log <g class="gr_ gr_26 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="26" id="26"> and </g> <g class="gr_ gr_24 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="24" id="24"> system </g> .out.

As this worked previously, you can rule out any SMTP inspection issues at the firewall, unless you have made changes there.  However, my knowledge is exhausted, so I would recommend opening a case. If not, at least please give us a little more of the error message that you see.

Kind regards,
Paul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.