It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Report Builder: Does Not Immediately See New DOORS Module

Carlos Gonsalez (37517) | asked Jul 24 '18, 7:15 p.m.

Had this Jazz Report Builder issue occur several times:

BACKGROUND:

Last week, I imported(DOORS Next Generation) a MS-Word Rqmts document into my Work Project,
naming the new "System Specification" module
          "RQMTS_MSL_DOCUMENT".  (no links)
But due to a work issue, I had to re-do the Import.  So today, before I re-ran the Import Wizard, I deleted the
entire original module from the Project(module's folder, the module, its artifacts subfolder,
and all artifacts).   Then, I successfully re-imported the same document into DOORS into a new
folder in the same Project, but gave the new "System Specification" module a shorter name:
      "RQMTS_DOCUMENT".

ISSUE:
When I fired up the Jazz Report Builder to build some basic Report Generators, I'll select my project,
but the Report Builder does not show the new Module name;
      "RQMTS_DOCUMENT".
Instead, the Jazz Report Builder shows the "deleted" module name:
      "RQMTS_MSL_DOCUMENT".
In the past, I've seen this issue resolve itself after a day or two has past. 

QUESTION:
Is there a button or process that I can invoke that "forces" my Jazz Report Builder to immediately purge
the deleted module name and recognize the newly imported module?

Thanks in Advance

Carlos G

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jul 24 '18, 8:41 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Well there are a few things possibly at play here.

Did you know that Report Builder's reporting is based on a data source, for example, the data warehouse. This DW is populated by data collection ETL jobs managed by the DCC component.  So it will depend on how often this data source is refreshed by the ETL jobs.

Lastly, the Report Builder has a meta-model refresh for this data source info that it caches.  This meta model refresh is done via the data sources page.
Carlos Gonsalez selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Sep 18 '18, 5:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can manually initiate the meta-model refresh in the RB data source as Rosa says, but it also happens automatically, I think it defaults to a daily update

One other answer

permanent link
Carlos Gonsalez (37517) | answered Sep 17 '18, 2:37 p.m.

Rosa,
Belated as this may be...Thanks for answering my query.
{when you had answered...I was up to my elbows in "GOBS" of work..as usual}

Carlos

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.