It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS - Creating Hyperlinks with the Advanced Query tab (SQL / SPARQL)

David Reilly (69140) | asked Jul 23 '18, 10:12 a.m.
retagged Jan 11 '19, 7:10 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

Hello hello,

I'm currently using JRS v6.0.2 iFix015 and have been taking to the advanced query section with SPARQL and have returned the results I've been looking for. 

However, one thing I noticed in our LQE-configuration aware reports resulted in a URL that did not contain the selected configuration uri. Instead, the result looked like this: "https://localhost.com/rm/resources/resourceUri?oslc_config.context?"

To the point:
  • Can we pass variables to and from the report builder and the sparql / sql queries? 
  • Is there any way for us to join that configuration context uri to our url? 
  • Is it possible to apply the hyperlink to another attribute? (i.e. Title, ID)
Sincere thanks!
David

Comments
David Reilly commented Jul 23 '18, 4:06 p.m.

Did some searching and found the following post which was helpful on using variables in the report builder:

Anyone know how I make use of this for the configuration context uri?

One answer

permanent link
David Reilly (69140) | answered Jul 24 '18, 12:39 p.m.
edited Jul 24 '18, 12:40 p.m.

Okay, I guess I have to answer my own question again. 

After generating a decent report, you should see your results with funky column names. You can change them in the SPARQL query or update the column label in the "Format" options. 

In order to get your hyperlinks to display and be usable in your report, change the "Variable Type" for whichever string returns the URL to be URI. Then your report should apply those hyperlinks to the neighboring column, making everyone happy campers. 

Column label

Variable

Variable Type

Dng_merged_Requirement1

Dng_merged_Requirement1

Uniform Resource Identifier

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.