It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to authenticate against SSO enabled CLM server using REST API

Marko Tomljenovic (31647109) | asked Jul 09 '18, 8:44 a.m.

Hello,

we have developed quite a big number of support tools that are accessing certain CLM applications (RTC, DNG, GC) via REST API. We have now switched SSO (single sign on) on for one of our test servers. Then these tools did no more work because the way the authentication works has changed. I have found a solution but I am not sure if it is complete.
Can you point me to some official IBM snippets/documentation that can help me resolve the issue?

We are using CLM 6.0.5 together with WAS (no JAS).

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 09 '18, 9:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Marko,

I believe this is the resource you want to look at: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/NativeClientAuthentication

Comments
Marko Tomljenovic commented Jul 09 '18, 9:48 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

thanks for the page reference. I already knew this page before, but it was too much information (at least for me). I made our solution work by reverse engineering what the web client is doing with the server.
I was just hoping that somebody within IBM could share a code snippet to be reused rather then forcing everyone to read the big document and then translate it into (hopefully) working code.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 09 '18, 9:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would share if I would have code, unfortunately I don't.
I think you could look into the Eclipse Lyo project. I did that and there is code that deals with this stuff, but I found it hard to isolate what I needed. You might only have to implement the scenarios that actually happen based on your environment.

Marko Tomljenovic commented Jul 09 '18, 10:14 a.m.

Thanks. My initial implementation (for non-SSO servers) was based on the Lyo project. But now there is nothing available related to SSO.

Thanks anyways for your hints.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.