It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Selector number error using JBE

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Oct 12 '09, 9:30 a.m.
Hi,
as I've reported on another topic (here), it seems that JBE has some problems with selector ids.

Now I'm running some performance test on my compiler machine with the following configuration:
3 different build engine that run on the same machine
3 different project area with a specific build definition that could run on all previous 3 build engine

I create a build request for each project area at the same time.
Running my build (that contains check-in, association and delivery steps) I've find out this problem:
two different build has made a check-in at the same time and scm checkin command returns to me the SAME change-set selector id (1066). After this, when I try to associate the change-set to a work-item, one of these builds run correctly and the other one fails beacause it is not able to find the selector. I'm entered into my private repository and I have run scm status command and then I've seen that the correct id was not 1066 but 1067.

So it seems to me that there is a mismatch on what scm checkin returns and what it is saved into repository. Is it possible this behaviour??

3 answers

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Oct 13 '09, 5:47 a.m.
I have some other hints on this problem. In the following lines I perform a "smc chechin" and after an "scm status". The example is in italian but you can see as the selector of the change-set is different beetween chackin and status (it changes from 1098 to 1104). This happens only launching more than one compilation at the same time.

[exec] Eseguo check-in di D:\CCM_BP\BuildDirs\MKTA3_CompORDWS/TAL_bin

[exec] Esecuzione del commit in corso...
[exec] Spazio di lavoro: (1044) "MKTA3_CompORDWS" <-> (1045) "MKTA3_Collaudo"
[exec] Componente: (1049) "MKTA3_Bin"
[exec] In uscita:
[exec] Serie di modifiche:
[exec] (1098) --@ <Nessun>
[exec] *********************
[exec] Spazio di lavoro: (1044) "MKTA3_CompORDWS" <-> (1045) "MKTA3_Collaudo"
[exec] Componente: (1046) "MKTA3_Src"
[exec] Baseline: (1047) 2 "MKTA3_CompORD_20091012-1357"
[exec] In uscita:
[exec] Serie di modifiche:
[exec] (1104) --@ <Nessun>
[exec] Baseline:
[exec] (1103) 26 "MKTA3_CompORD_20091013-1050"

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Oct 14 '09, 1:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm assuming you've defined 3 different build definitions for the different project areas. Do they all share the same build workspace? If so, you won't have the necessary isolation between builds. For example, if build 1 checks in a change with selector 123 then build 2 schecks in a change with selector 456, then status from build 1 may show 456 instead of 123.

Each build definition should have its own build workspace.

Note that the selector ids shown by the SCM tool are just a client-side artifact. I'm not sure how it comes up with these ids, but they are not stored server-side.

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Oct 15 '09, 8:53 a.m.
Yes, each build definitions had its own workspace. But now, thanks to your help on the other topic, I think to have resolved the problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.