It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

link DNG requirement to RQM test case via REST API

Rachel Rogoway (1117) | asked Jul 04 '18, 11:17 a.m.

Hi all,

I need to link requirement to test case via REST API.
I want to do it this way:
-GET request for the test case, (testcase/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:TESTCASE_ID)
-edit the XML result that return from RQM - add requirement  link to the XML
-PUT request  - update the test case with the requirement link.

The test case XML result for the GET request is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ns2:testcase xmlns:ns2="<>" xmlns:ns1="<>" xmlns:ns10="<>" xmlns:ns11="<>" xmlns:ns12="<>" xmlns:ns13="<<>" xmlns:ns14="<>" xmlns:ns15="<>" xmlns:ns16="<>" xmlns:ns17="<>" xmlns:ns18="<>" xmlns:ns20="<>" xmlns:ns21="<>" xmlns:ns3="<>" xmlns:ns4="<>" xmlns:ns5="<>" xmlns:ns6="<>" xmlns:ns7="<>" xmlns:ns8="<>" xmlns:ns9="<>">
<ns2:projectArea href="server_path/resource/itemOid/com.ibm.team.process.ProjectArea/MMM" alias="CVG+MBLY+%28Quality+Management%29" />
<ns4:identifier>server_path/testcase/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:XXX</ns4:identifier>
<ns2:stylesheet href="server_path/testcase/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:261829?stylesheet=true" />
<ns2:webId>XXX</ns2:webId>
<ns4:title>TEST</ns4:title>
<ns4:description />
<ns2:creationDate>2018-07-03T19:16:33.559Z</ns2:creationDate>
<ns6:updated>2018-07-04T14:26:25.766Z</ns6:updated>
<ns6:state ns1:resource="server_path/workflowstate/com.ibm.rqm.process.testcase.workflow/com.ibm.rqm.planning.common.new">com.ibm.rqm.planning.common.new</ns6:state>
<ns4:creator ns1:resource="server_path/com.ibm.team.repository.Contributor/YYY">YYY</ns4:creator>
<ns6:owner>unassigned</ns6:owner>
<ns2:locked>false</ns2:locked>
<ns2:weight>100</ns2:weight>
<ns2:priority ns1:resource="server_path/priority/literal.priority.101">literal.priority.101</ns2:priority>
<ns2:suspect>false</ns2:suspect>
<ns2:variables />
<ns2:template href="server_path/template/testcase/com.ibm.rqm.planning.templates.testcase.template_safe" />
<ns2:component href="server_path/component/_NW47s4vOEeelKpQbl_90kA" />
</ns2:testcase>

I try to link through RQM GUI and get the same result.  - There is no XML tag for the requirement links.

I know that it's possible to link only by Global Configuration. Is't related to that?
Are there specific headers or cookies that should be defined?

Thanks in advance,
Rachel

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jul 06 '18, 7:29 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Rachel,

Cross-application linking is not supported by the RQM Reportable REST API (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#ResourcesFootnote7). Instead, use the OSLC QM API (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmOslcQmV2Api).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.