It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG or JRS: How to find orphan artifacts?

Koak Lodge (156110) | asked Jul 04 '18, 5:53 a.m.
edited Jul 04 '18, 5:55 a.m.

In DNG or JRS, how do I find all artifacts that are not used in a module (what I’m calling “orphan”)? In DNG you cannot filter on the “Used in Modules” column. In JRS, if I specify for an artifact type the “Does not exist” option for a trace relationship of "Used By", I get a list of all base artifacts of that type. I don’t see any relevant Condition options in JRS. Any ideas?

2 answers

permanent link
Adrian Haw (2641041) | answered Jul 20 '18, 8:29 a.m.
In DNG you can go to a base artifacts folder and filter on "Where Used" then go for 'is not any of' and browse to select all the modules (I know, I know - it is inconsistent with the attribute name "Used in modules" - it's a 'feature'). The display now shows which artifacts are not in any of the selected modules.

Comments
Rohini Kumar commented Jul 23 '18, 1:57 a.m.

@ Adrin ,Thank You for solution,I have created orphan artifact and then applied filter as you said in "ALL" section and applied it ,but I am not getting orphan artifacts,

Adrian Haw commented Jul 23 '18, 5:59 a.m.
Are you in a base artifacts folder when you do this filtering?
Which DOORS NG version do you have?

permanent link
Hugh Lippincott (199) | answered Jan 03 '19, 1:09 p.m.

DOORS NG 6.04, Filtered a Collection of base artifacts from multiple folders as specified (see in screenshot)

Popup in screen shot of extracted from links, shows that artifact is in-fact used, but is included in NOT used in.

Comments
Hugh Lippincott commented Jan 03 '19, 1:21 p.m.

Screen shot image cannot be included; so I extracted some text:

Filter = Where Used (Modules) is not any of Product 1 VPN Doc (193324), VPN Template Doc

Popup = When used in VPN Template Doc

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.