It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I use the RTC scm command line to retrieve work item and file version information for the version history of a file?

Stefan Kuehne (823) | asked Jul 03 '18, 11:57 a.m.
retagged Aug 03 '18, 4:29 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

How can I use the RTC scm command line to retrieve work item and file version information for the version history of a file?

In the eclipse client from show history -> open in change summary -> save changelog – looks like you could get a history out of that which includes author, changeset comment, work item and file version
In the command line interface with show history  - I do only get author, changeset comment, but no work item and no file version
Is there any option in the command line to get more information about the file history? If yes, which information can be accessed?
Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jul 03 '18, 11:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

For each of the change set, you need to run 'scm list changes <changeset_alias_or_uuid>' to get information on the work item and files.

Comments
Stefan Kuehne commented Jul 05 '18, 4:16 a.m.

Thanks for the information.  We will test that approach.

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Aug 03 '18, 4:29 p.m.

See also the reference Help topic for this command.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.