It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add external libraries for RTC Server plugin to connect with database?

Jagadeesh Marada (23113) | asked Jul 03 '18, 3:16 a.m.
edited Jul 03 '18, 6:59 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Hi Techies,

I want to connect to Oracle data base to insert a workitem Id into a table.So I want to configure OJdbc driver into plugin.Can anyone please let me know how to configure the external Jars?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 03 '18, 3:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you want to work with RTC and create work items etc. automatically, please use the available API's.
If you write to the Database directly, without the support explicitly telling you you should, you can seriously damage your data possibly beyond repair. If you want to read the database directly, go ahead, but don't write to the database.

Comments
Jagadeesh Marada commented Jul 03 '18, 5:09 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for Reply,

I am not writing to the  the RTC Database & just to confirm I am  not at all touching the RTC Database.I Just want to write only workitem id which are filed against specific  into a separate Database.This data can be helpful for other utility to update the workitems later.
Is there any thing wrong writing to DB, this way?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 03 '18, 5:29 a.m.

In that case you should probably search in stackoverflow and the DB provides forums for how to do that. I would try to get the JDBC driver for the database and use JDBC to access the database.

In any case, this question is clearly out of scope for this forum.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 03 '18, 5:39 a.m.

With respect to the server plugin, you should be able to add the libraries you need to the server extension. I would start from there and based on the errors search Eclipse.org or stackoverflow. There could be class loader issues dependent on what application server. I would search based on what you see in case of errors.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.