It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to pre-populate a certain criteria into the description field of a work item

Narmadha Premanivasan (176) | asked Jun 29 '18, 2:32 a.m.

Hello,

We want to be able to pre-populate a certain criteria into the description field. We are trying to have team members answer the some of the questions. 

If there is a way to maybe make this text a different color, or differentiate it somehow, that might help give it contrast from the description of the ticket. We use Rational Team Concert - 5.0 version.

Please let me know if any can help on this.

Thanks,
Narmadha

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 29 '18, 4:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Attribute customization allows to define and configure a default value providers.
The ones for text/HTML based attributes allow to define text that is automatically set.
This simple approach can not distinguish work item types.

Narmadha Premanivasan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 29 '18, 4:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Narmadha Premanivasan commented Jul 02 '18, 1:02 a.m.

Thanks for the quick response Ralph!! This worked perfectly for my requirement. 

One other answer

permanent link
Alexander Pawlik (6128) | answered Jun 29 '18, 3:47 a.m.
 Hi,

You can write a Plugin which populates the description field when you save the work item. In order to seperate the questions I would suggest that you create a new field reserved only for these questions.

What kind of questions do you mean? Are these "yes/no" questions. In that case maybe some boolean fields would be formalize the process.

Best regards

Alexander

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.