It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Theme not applying in Jazz Themes

Becky McDermott (921139) | asked Jun 27 '18, 1:41 p.m.
retagged Aug 03 '18, 1:49 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

I downloaded the example theme file from:  https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WebUITheming

I deleted all files from the html folder EXCEPT for "aboveBanner.html" (only trying to apply an above banner theme).

I uploaded the theme file and set "Theme Label" to:  QATheme

The theme is successfully uploaded but when I click "Preview" next to "QATheme", nothing happens (no above banner theme).

I even tried stopping and restarting the Jazz server but it still will not preview.

Any thoughts?  This was done from jts and "Manage Server" (Themes)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Leonardo Benevides (266327) | answered Jun 27 '18, 2:01 p.m.
edited Jun 27 '18, 2:06 p.m.

Hi Becky,

Uploading themes is an easy task. To work you have to follow this structure.

A .zip file, any name, containing a folder named html and inside this folder the aboveBanner.html file.

Then upload the .zip file.

Let me know if it works.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Becky McDermott commented Jun 27 '18, 2:41 p.m.

So I have a zip file named:  ThemeTest.zip

The contents look like:

ThemeTest.zip
html/
aboveBanner.html
customHTMLExample.css

and the aboveBanner.html and customHTMLExample.css are straight up from the sample theme file I downloaded from the Jazz site.

I upload it to the jts server but when I click "Preview", nothing happens.  I even tried clicking on "Activate" but the "aboveBanner" text does not show (nothing happens).

I am running version 6.0.3

I know this should be simple because I had it working on an older server a couple of years ago so not sure why it won't apply this time.

Becky McDermott commented Jun 27 '18, 7:11 p.m.

I figured it out.  I had an extra directory structure in the zip file.  Once I made html and css the top level of the zip file, it worked.  Thank you!

Leonardo Benevides commented Jun 28 '18, 7:41 a.m.

That is great!! So now you have the same folder structure that I said in my answer, right? If it is, could you mark my answer as acceptable? thanks you!

One other answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Aug 03 '18, 1:49 p.m.

See also Configuring themes.

Ken

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.