It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report for Team Velocity using specific work item type

Ilona Krammer (159447) | asked Jun 26 '18, 12:51 a.m.
I would like to adapt the report "Team Velocity" (ready to use) to use a specific work item type only.
The built in version I cannot seem to choose a work item type, but only project area, timeline and team.
So I tried to build a new report but I can't seem to get the sum of the story points...

My questions therefore are:
- can I change the input of the built in Team Velocity report somehow?
or
- can I look at the definition of the built in report?
or
- how can I use the sum of story points of the chosen items for my graph?

Thank you!

Comments
Ulf Arne Bister commented Jun 26 '18, 11:27 a.m.
Hi Ilona,
are you referring to the DataWare House based BIRT reports (e.g. RTC --> Reports section) or the out of the box reports in Jazz Reporting Server (JRS)?
Assuming Scrum based process templates? RTC version ...?

Ilona Krammer commented Jun 27 '18, 12:12 a.m.
I am refering to the Report Builder report that can also be used in the Team Velocity widget on the dashboard.
It's one of the "ready to use" reports in the report builder and I can't seem to view the conditions and data source even with administrator permissions.

We are using RTC 6.0.5, iFix004 (sorry for omitting that)

As a process template we are using something customized, but the basis is the scrum process template. So we do have other work item types etc

2 answers

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Jun 27 '18, 10:45 a.m.

You might try referring to this blog post for building your own custom trend reports, such as a burndown: https://jazz.net/library/article/1562

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 27 '18, 2:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, the "Ready to use" reports can not be customized. They use custom sql code that the report builder can not generate.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.